Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Day 1 - 222.2lbs

Today is day 1 of my weight loss journey.  You can see from this picture why I need to lose weight!  Today I weight 222.2lbs which is more than I've ever weighed (except when pregnant).  After baby #4 was born 4 months ago I weighed 214lbs.  I've gained 8lbs in 4  months instead of losing weight.  I basically spent my entire 20s gaining weight.  I weighed 145 during university so that's almost 80lbs in the last decade.  How did I let myself get this far?  I don't know but starting today I am determined to change that.  
  
 My goal is to weigh 140lbs by July 1st, 2012.
I'm tired of hating the way I look.  I'm sad that the first 7 years of my children's lives I've done my best to avoid having my picture taken with them.  I know as they get older I'm really going to regret that.  I know I have the power to change and I'm going to do it.  I'm going to be using an online software called Diet Power.  I used it to lose 30lbs after baby #3 and then stopped using it and gained all the weight back with unhealthy eating.  It's not a diet.  You just put in what your goal weight is and some information about yourself like your current weight, height, etc. and it helps you calculate how many total calories a day you can have to reach that goal.   As you enter your daily food, exercise and weight it adjusts to whatever your personal metabolism is for a more accurate calorie recommendation.   It also gives you your nutritional profile so you can see where you need to get more vitamins and minerals.  My 140lb goal by 7/1/2012 is about 2lbs/week.  According to Diet Power that is moderately difficult.  I feel like I can handle moderately difficult.  I'm doing a blog about this because I feel like the support of other people will help me reach my goal.  I am addicted to food.  Dessert is really my down fall.  Every night I go to bed upset with what I've eaten that day and determined to better the next day.  Then I wake up planning my day to start with a caramel frappuccino and a cinnamon roll!  I'd love your comments, suggestions and encouragement as I try to find my elusive willpower!

No comments:

Post a Comment